Brickwork Level 1 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to start a career in bricklaying?
This programme introduces you to the introductory skills of bricklaying, preparing you to start work in this trade. It also includes core units that introduce you to construction work.
The programme is suitable for a variety of people looking to work in bricklaying. This includes students progressing from school and professionals from other sectors looking for a change of career. You will gain the practical knowledge you need to proceed onto Level 2 or into the industry.
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
The course is usually delivered over 3 days per week.
- 'Pathway to Construction' course
- Sound knowledge of basic mathematics
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade D are desirable
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
The programme gives you a qualification and a valuable set of skills, helping you to progress into employment and further education. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Brickwork Level 2, available at:
Carpentry and Joinery Level 1, available at:
Plumbing Level 1, available at:
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502B01B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.