Design and Technology Product Design at The Chase School
* Every man made object has been designed by someone.
* There is and always will be a need to produce new improved products, this is Product Design.
* This subject will help you to analyse existing products propose improvements and produce prototypes. It will help you to understand the present and influence the future. You will gain a deeper more specialist knowledge in materials from the above areas.
* Developing skills in using these and more advanced/smart materials. While also learning how industry use and process these materials.
* Improve your designing and making skills.
* Design and make more complex and interesting products based on your interests.
* Have an opportunity to use materials you may not have experienced before, e.g. glass fibre, carbon fibre, more advanced electronic components.
* Use the latest CAD/CAM software and equipment for 3D modelling and production.
* Electronics can form a major part of this course; the latest software will be available including programming ‘PICs’.
You will have studied Resistant Materials, Graphic products and/ or Electronics and Control Systems at GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Chase School directly.