Coaching Badge FA Level 2 at NPL Football Academy (Newcastle Town FC)
On completion of year two, students will be enrolled on the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Coaching Football, giving them a platform to go on to coach football at junior or adult level and also abroad such as in America.
This nationally recognised qualification will provide candidates who have an on-going involvement in football, with the opportunity to gain knowledge of how to effectively plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions.
Theory: The course will introduce a number of key aspects related to the role of a football coach in working with youth players. These are delivered via home based study tasks and Tutor delivered workshops.
- The roles, skills and qualities of a football coach
- Developing session plans and associated information for planning
- Awareness of safe and organised activities
- Preparation for potential accidents, illnesses and emergencies
- A consideration of coaching styles
- Coaching session evaluation and self-reflection
- Nutritional needs of football players
- Fitness components related to football
- The planning of progressive coaching sessions.
- The course will also provide the following for candidates:
Practical: The practical elements of the course will provide the following:
- The principles of attacking to include creating and exploiting space
- Support Play
- Ball Control
- Running with the ball
- The principles of defending to include denying and restricting space
- Defensive play when organised and outnumbered
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NPL Football Academy (Newcastle Town FC) directly.