Music Technology BTEC Level 3 at Shipley College
Develop your love of music in to a career. Learn about the industry including music production, sequencing systems and techniques, and the listening skills required by Music Technologists.
For your final project, you plan and produce an original digital track.
You also get the chance to perform live in front of an audience, get work experience at a local festival and take part in competitions.
In 2014 and 2016 groups of Level 3 students scooped studio recording time by winning the AMP Awards (Association of Music and Promotion), a competition for the best new bands and performers.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9 - 4), including English & maths. If you don’t have grade C (5-4) in both subjects, the minimum for the other is grade D (3)
- A full Level 2 at PP grade or above with maths and English grades equivalent to those stated above.*
- You will need to demonstrate your musical talent to our panel of tutors.
- You will be invited to a ‘taster’ session to find out more about the course.
* Students with grade D (3) in either English or maths will be expected to re-take that subject in Year 1.
You may progress on to Higher Education to develop your skills. Alternatively, you may go straight in to the music technology industry to work within a studio, or with an artist. You may even become a performer. An exciting future awaits!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.