Business AS/A2 at Rednock School
What will I learn on this A Level course?
- How to develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value;
- The internal workings and management of organisations;
- The process of decision-making in a dynamic external environment;
- How business behaviour can be influenced by a range of people and organisations including customers, managers, creditors, owner/shareholders and employees;
- What outside factors influence the operations of a business, such as the state of the economy, the environment, ethical considerations, the government, the law, social and technological issues associated with business activity;
- Techniques to analyse and solve business problems;
- The importance in a business of setting objectives;
- How a business markets its products or services, what production is all about, financial control of businesses and how human resources are planned.
It is not a requirement that students should have studied Business Studies at Key Stage 4 in order to take an AS or A level course in this subject. Students should have a strong interest in Business Studies and want to learn how a business is organised, operates, plans and makes its decisions.
A minimum grade of a ‘C’ or above in both English and Maths at GCSE is also required to start this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.
Last updated date: 02 April 2015