Music BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at Outwood Academy Newbold
Do you want to progress your passion for Music, do something in the musical world or even go on to university to study at degree level? This course will offer you the chance to study a variety of modules that are designed to develop you as a performer as well as your general musical skills, including harmony, composition and music theory.
The BTEC course is very practical course and has direct links to pursuing music as a career. It is equivalent to one full A-Level qualification.
- Aural Perception Skills
- Music in the Community
- Classical Music in Practice
- Music Performance Session Styles
- Composing Music
- Music Project
- Improvising Music
- Pop Music in Practice
- Improvising Music in a jazz Style
- Studying Music from Around the World
- Listening Skills for Music Technologist
- The Music Freelance World
- Live Music Workshop
- The Sound and Music Industry
- Marketing & Promotion in the music Industry
- Singing Techniques and Performance
- Modern Music in Practice
- Special Subject Investigation
- Highly Practical
- Personal choice of modules to match your musical interests and skills
- Compulsory modules develop a high level of musical understanding
- Lots of choices that will suit a variety of different musicians from classically trained instrumentalist, musical theatre specialists and pop musicians.
GCSE Music Grade C or equivalent.
Committed, serious musicians who are ready for a real challenge!
- Music Degree
- Musical Theatre courses at University or stage school
- Work in the music industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Outwood Academy Newbold directly.