Physical Education A Level at Waingels College
The OCR A Level in Physical Education will equip learners with both a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio-cultural and practical aspects of Physical Education. This requires them to:
- Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance.
- Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.
- Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport.
- Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance.
Standard entry requirements and preferably at least a C grade at GCSE PE or Merit in Cambridge National Level 2 Sports Science.
Theory (70%), Practical or Coaching (30%)
BSC Sports Science, BA Coaching, BA Sports Management, BSC Exercise & Health, BSC Physiotherapy, PGCE in PE to name a few.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Waingels College directly.