Art and Design - BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Worthing College
This course provides a broad based experience of the Art and Design sector and is suitable for students who are seeking to progress into employment or onto further study at a higher level. This course is equivalent to 2 GCSE'S.
This course is made up of 4 Mandatory Units focusing on how artists and designers research and develop their work to produce outcomes.
- Investigating Contextual References in Art & Design.
- Introduction to specialist pathways in Art & Design
- Recording creative intentions in Art & Design.
- Creative project in Art & Design.
Further optional units are studies which look in more detail at learning a broad range of 2D and 3D practical skills and prepare skills learnt on the course include:-
- Drawing in a range of Media
- Constructed textile techniques
- Darkroom and Digital Photography
- 2D Fine Art Skills, painting, printmaking, mixed media
- 3D construction skills
All course tasks are designed from a vocational brief giving students experience of working as a creative practitioner.
Students on this course also participate in work experience.
You will need a minimum of two GCSEs at grade D and an interest in Art & Design.
All units are assessed by coursework. Two of the units are set as time exams. These are practical tasks, take place during lessons and are externally marked. Other units are internally marked by your teacher and externally verified. The unit grades are added together to give you your final results:Pass, Merit or Distinction. Exceptional students are awarded a Distinction*.
- Further study. eg BTEC or A Level at Worthing College.
- An apprenticeship.
- Full time work in a local business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worthing College directly.