Welding and Fabrication Level 2 (C&G 2850) at Coleg Sir Gar
- Vocational course with an emphasis on skills development for apprenticeship applications
- Assessment based on a portfolio of evidence built up through practical work with written / on-line assessments
- Progression from level one or equivalent qualification
- Provides entry to City and Guilds level three
- Industry recognised qualification
- Increases job prospects
- Meets requirements of the modern apprentice scheme
The course focuses on specific welding and fabrication skills and recognises what a person is able to do at work. It involves the skills and knowledge needed to execute the job, ability to organise work and spotting and preventing problems.
Applicants may hold a level one certificate, have a keen interest in welding or fabrication as commitment to an apprenticeship is essential. GCSE maths, English and a science subject at grades D - G are required for this course and to meet the requirements of employers.
Continuous assessment of practical coursework and portfolio development. On-line multiple choice tests, short answer question papers and assignments.
Completion of the course would allow successful students to progress to an engineering apprenticeship and / or City and Guilds level three.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.