Wood Occupations Apprenticeship Level 2 at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
This programme is for people who are working in the construction industry and want to gain industry recognised qualifications in bench joinery or site carpentry. Training will take place in the workplace and at college.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations bench joinery/site carpentry to include:
- General Workplace Safety
- Efficient Working Practices
- Moving and Handling
- First and Second Fixings
- Setting Up, Marking Out and Production
- Erect Carcassing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where applicable)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Progression onto a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations.
Apprentices who follow the Site Carpentry/ Shopfitting pathway can have a varied career working on new builds, refurbishments or in specialist areas. Bench Joinery apprentices will see a variety of wood products in production, depending upon the company.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.