English Language at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* The course is very different from the English you have done so far.
* You study all sorts of texts including leaflets, scripts, adverts, speeches, packaging, newspapers, looking at the ways in which language is used to make different meanings and influences.
* You examine how conversation works between different people and in different situations looking at how factors such as age, social class, ethnicity and gender vary according to context.
* You experiment with different styles of writing; planning and drafting for a range of audiences and purposes, producing a folder of your own writing as coursework.
* You develop a stock of language terms to apply to a range of texts.
* You need to have at least C passes in GCSE English Language / English.
* You need the ability to analyse texts
* You need an interest in how words work and the determination to do your best.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.