Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development at Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - Education Academy
Are you passionate about a career in sports coaching and development? Our Foundation Degree course provides an opportunity to gain an industry-recognised coaching award whist being affiliated to Rotherham United Football Club. You will gain access to a wide range of facilities and schools and be provided with the opportunity to work alongside qualified sports coaches whilst completing your studies.
Unique partnership with the Football League Trust
The Foundation Community Football Coaching and Development degree has been designed in conjunction with the Football League Trust in order to identify the type of skills and qualities that are required to work within professional football clubs community departments or national governing bodies in areas of growth such as social inclusion, community coaching and football development.
You will be based at Rotherham United’s New York Stadium, granting you access to high quality resources, equipment and facilities. The stadium has just been equipped with two multi-purpose state of the art classrooms and a health and fitness suite. All lectures and seminars will be delivered on site by our fully qualified and experienced Community Sports Trust lecturers via material provided from the University of South Wales.
The Foundation Degree in Football Community Coaching and Development allows students to study a variety of sporting modules whilst gaining valuable industry experience and recognised qualifications.
Course content – Year 1
• Football Coaching Young Performers (double module)
• Sports Development in Practice
• Managing and Developing Football in the Community
• Academic, Research and Professional Skills
• Introduction to Sports Development
Course content Year 2
• Football Coaching Adolescent Performers (double module)
• Work Based Learning (double module)
• PE and School Sport
• Football in Society
- 160 UCAS points e.g. MPP at BTEC
- A-levels to include at least one science, or Mathematics, Physical Education or Psychology but to exclude General Studies.
- Three GCSE passes at grade C or above, including Mathematics and English language.
• Practical Assessments
• Written Assessments
- Full Time – 2 Years
- Start Date – September
- Option to continue for a further year in order to gain a full degree with honours.
- Cost is £8000 per academic year
- Optional 3rd year is £9000
Completion of this course can lead to:
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Management
- Sports Officer
- Sports Leader
- PE Teacher
- Facility Manager
- Football Coach
- Academy Coach
- First Team Coach
- Sports Analysis
- Sports Development Officer
And many more.
Whilst on programme you will gain:
- FA Level 1 Qualification
- FA Level 2 Qualification
- Experience working with sport coaches
- Support with academic studies
- Access to state of the art facilities
- Access to first team football players
There is also the option to do a UEFA B Licence depending on your academic studies and personal traits.
You can apply to the course using the following methods:
University of South Wales: http://courses.southwales.ac.uk/courses/1035-foundation-degree-community-football-coaching-and-development
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.