BTEC Level 3 in Sport at Rednock School
What will I learn on this BTEC course?
This course aims to:
- Develop your knowledge and skills in selected activities
- Develop an understanding of how the body works in relation to sporting activities
- Examine the effects of exercise and the relationships between training and performance
- Analyse the way we learn to be skilful
- Compare and contrast sport through many differing cultures
- Understand ways to improve your own performance
What kind of student is this course suitable for?
The course will appeal to those students who:
- Have a keen interest in sport and recreation
- Want to follow a course that develops the theoretical aspects through practical involvement
- Have an enquiring mind and are interested in sport throughout the world
- Want to know more about how the body functions and the effects of exercise
- Want to evaluate and improve their own sporting performance
- Enjoy discovering about themselves in practical situations
- Want to study a course that is active and that they will enjoy
- Want to move onto a related career or higher education course
What units will I have to complete to get my qualifications?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing risk in Sport
- Sports Development
- Practical individual sport
- Fitness testing in Sport and Exercise
- Fitness testing and Programming
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.