Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills at City Training Services
These qualifications are aimed at individuals who want to work as a pharmacy / dispensing assistant. These qualifications are the mandatory minimum requirement from the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). These qualifications include the Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF) and the Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ). The role of the pharmacy / dispensing assistant is to support the pharmacist.
The apprenticeship framework comprises of
- Work based assessment (NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Service Skills)
- Underpinning knowledge (BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science – assessment based )
- Functional skills to Level 1 (projects and tests)
- Employees rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
No formal entry requirements.
The NVQ is delivered through practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace and apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence. The BTEC is delivered as on-line learning with on-line assessments.
With the required GCSEs can progress to the pharmacy technician level 3 training.
For futher information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.