Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy at Selby College
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a Spa Therapist.
It should be noted that there is a large amount of science involved in this course, in addition to which you will study:
• Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
• Contribute to the Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities
• Provide Body Massage Treatments
• Provide Facial Electrical Treatments
• Provide Indian Head Treatments
• Provide Stone Therapy Treatments
• Monitor Clients and the Operating of Sauna, Steam and Hydrotherapy Treatments
• Provide Body Wrapping and Flotation Treatments
You will be taught in our state-of-the-art salon, which is open to the general public and mirrors the industry; you will therefore be assessed not only in aspects of Spa Therapy but also on professionalism, punctuality and reliability. You will be expected to complete two weeks’ work experience in a salon. This may involve travelling some distance and working late evenings where necessary. Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths, you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
Standard Level 3 entry requirements apply. For this course you must have also successfully completed the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
There are many local, national and international career opportunities open to qualified Beauty Therapists including work in salons as a Beauty Therapist, as well as hotels, spas and cruise liners.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Selby College directly.