Art and Design UAL Level 2 Diploma at Weymouth College
The School of Digital and Creative Industries has excellent facilities; a print room with silk screen, etching and lithography presses, a 3D workshop for wood, metal and resin processes, photographic studios with wet and dry rooms, an Apple Mac room,ceramics and life drawing studios, and studios for graphics and textiles, state-of-the-art HDTV Multicam studio and gallery, editing suites using professional Adobe Software, broadcast quality sound studio, extensive media-based computer software and hardware. You will be taught by award-winning lecturers with extensive industry experience. The creative industry employs around two million people with employment in the sector having grown at double the rate of the economy as a whole.
- Contextual references in Art & Design.
- 2D Visual Communication
- 3D Visual Communication
- Using Ideas to Explore, Develop and Produce
- Building an Art and Design Portfolio
- Working in the Art and Design Industry
- Working with Photography Briefs
- Working with Graphic Design Briefs
- GCSE English and maths at minimum grade D or equivalent.
- GCSE Art at minimum grade C or an Art and Design Level 1 qualification or a BTEC Art & Design Certificate
- A portfolio of your own artwork showing a broad range of creative skills.
- An assigned summer holiday project before the start of the course. Portfolio evidence of your own creative work in art, design or photography is essential.
Your practical and written work will be assessed throughout the year on a regular basis by your subject lecturer and tutor. You will also be assessed in response to group discussions with other students on your course.
You can continue your studies at a higher level such as the Extended Diploma, Foundation Diploma or Foundation Degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weymouth College directly.