German A-Level at The West Bridgford School
An A Level qualification in modern language is well regarded by universities and employers in almost any field.
During the course, students develop techniques for language learning which can be applied to future study of any language.
The Modern Foreign Languages Department offers students:
- The opportunity to extend their linguistic abilities
- A team of well-qualified, highly committed teachers with a considerable degree of experience at this level
- A very good teacher-pupil ratio
- A wealth of additional resources, ranging from audio-visual to self-access study methods
Students will practise the four areas of language learning by:
Listening to recordings and watching extracts from films and TV in German
- Reading a range of materials, from short extracts to more in-depth articles on a range of topics
- Speaking in class activities and during a regular oral lesson
This unit rewards students for their ability to converse in German on a topic of their choice (30% of AS)
This unit requires students to understand and convey their understanding of German language texts and recordings as well as produce an essay to demonstrate an ability to manipulate the German language (70% of AS)
This unit requires students to demonstrate the effectiveness of their German language skills by presenting and taking a clear stance on any issue of their choice (35% of A2)
This unit requires students to demonstrate skills in advanced-level German writing (discursive or creative essay) and translation from English into German (65% of A2)
Grade B in GCSE German, within one of the below:
3 A Level subjects + General Studies: 3 Grade B in chosen subjects + 2 Grade C, including Grade B in Maths & English Language
4 A Level subjects + General Studies: 2 Grade A/A* + 2 Grade B in chosen subjects + 1 Grade C, including Grade B in Maths & English Language
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The West Bridgford School directly.