Accounting A Level at Warwickshire College Group
Accounting is a relevant subject for students who are interested in pursuing a career in either accounting specifically or business generally. Prior knowledge of the subject is not needed.
AS Level: Topics you will study:
- Introduction to the role of the accountant
- Types of business organisation
- The double entry model
- Preparation of financial statements
- Analysis and evaluation of financial information
A2 Level: In addition to consolidation of the AS topics your will also study:
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Absorption and activity based costing
- Capital investment appraisal
- Accounting for partnerships
- Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
- Impact of ethical considerations.
WHAT IS THE ENTRY PROCESS?
Please apply online or alternatively you are able to collect an application form for completion. Following receipt of application an invite for you to attend a formal interview will be issued.WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Full level 2FURTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
General entry requirements of at least 5 GCSE qualifications of grade 4 (C) or above to include Maths at grade 6 (B) and English Language at grade 5 (high C) or above. Students do not need to have studied any accounting before.
Offers subject to a satisfactory School Report.
At AS: Three hour examination
At A2: There are two three hour examinations
You may decide to continue with accounting as a degree subject at university, or you may decide to study Business Studies to broaden your knowledge of various aspects of business e.g. human resources, management, marketing and so on. Alternatively you may wish to go into employment and study towards professional accountancy exams.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.