Business Studies A Level at Ysgol Y Strade
You will be studying a range of concepts such as:
- How does technology affect business activity?
- How do employers motivate their employees?
- Why a marketing plan is of vital importance to a business?
- What is the ‘Credit Crunch’ and how can businesses in the UK and internationally overcome the economic turmoil.
You will also be learning a range of practical business skills such as:
- Analysing the financial performance of businesses and how to deal with financial accounting such as the Balance Sheet, Profit and loss, and other budgeting accounts.
- The basis for business decision making.
- Investigating the reasons why businesses achieve growth and how they go about achieving their desired growth.
BS1: The Business Framework
BS2: Business Functions
BS3: Business Decision Making
BS4: Business strategy and Good Practice
The course is available to all, including pupils who have no prior experience of Business Studies at key stage 4, although it is expected that each applicant has 5 GCSE grades between A*-C.
BS1: Written Examination 1hr 45 min
BS2: Written Examination 1hr 45 min
BS3: Written Examination 2 hours
BS4: Written Examination 2 hours
- Pupils will learn about a variety of topics, ranging from marketing and finance to business objectives and Human Resource Management.
- Develop an understanding of workplace skills to prepare for future employment.
- Enhance your knowledge of Business and Economic activity and its effect on Businesses.
Examining Body: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.