Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma at The Mandeville School
The qualification reflects the entry requirements for learners who wish to progress to a career in their chosen sport. It also prepares learners for broader roles in sport should they not progress to elite sport, either due to selection or through injury or other factors.
This qualification prepares learners for roles such as:
- Elite sports performer (in chosen sport)
- Assistant performance analyst
- Technical scout
- Community coaching roles
- Coaching roles in specific sports
- Development coordinator
Students will benefit from studying a number of core units as well as a wide range of specialist units which will provide students with the key knowledge and experiences for a career in this sector. 10 units of which 9 are mandatory and 2 are externally assessed.
Learners will study 9 mandatory units:
- Anatomy and Physiology – External Exam
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being Externally assessed case study
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Sport Psychology
- Coaching for Performance
- Technical and Tactical Demand of Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Performance Analysis
Students will also choose 1 further optional unit which have been designed to support progression to relevant occupational areas and to the range of sector-related courses in higher education. Optional units include:
- Practical Sports Performance
- Research Methods in Sport
- Instructing Gym-based Exercise
- Exercise and Circuit-based Physical Activity
- Sports Injury Management
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport.
5 GCSE’s at Grades A* - C. These must include Grade C in English Language and Mathematics.
Each unit is marked to Pass, Merit or Distinction and counts towards students’ overall BTEC Grade. An overall distinction is equivalent to 2 A Grades at A level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Mandeville School directly.