Applied Science BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Stafford College
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma is designed to give a broad scientific education in order to prepare learners for further study at advanced level or entry into the workplace.
Learners study a suite of modules consisting of three core modules, which offer grounding in physical and biological sciences, followed by a further six modules covering specialist areas such as Forensic and Medical science.
The modules to be studied in 2014/15 are:
- Chemistry and Our Earth *
- Energy and Our Universe *
- Biology and Our Environment *
- Applications of Chemical Substances
- The Living Body
- Science in Medicine
- Investigating a Crime Scene
- Chemical Analysis and Detection
- Investigating Human Behaviour
* The first three modules are core modules, covering the key stage 4 programme of study for science.
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to university or employment.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old at the commencement of the course.
- Four GCSEs including English, Mathematics and Science plus one other subject (double award science DD, will count as two of the required GCSE grades).
You will be assessed through continuous assignment work which will take a variety of forms mainly on laboratory of scientific investigations as this is a highly intensive science course.
Please contact the College for information.
Possible Destinations from this course include level 3 studies in Medical and Forensic Sciences as well as Health and Social Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.