Extended Project Qualification at Uplands Community College School Sixth Form
This course is designed to improve independent study skills.
The Extended project Qualification (EPQ) provides an opportunity for students to extend their abilities beyond the A Level syllabus and pepare for University of their furture career. It can also earn you extra UCAS points.
The EPQ allows students to embark on largely self-directed projects. By taking responsibility for the choice and design of an individual project (and/or an individual role in a group project) students:
- Become more critical, reflective and independent learners.
- Develop and apply decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Increase their planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
- Learn to apply new technologies confidently.
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise.
Both Univerisities and emplyers like the EPQ as it demonstrates that a students is capable of independent study. The EPQ is generally started towards the end of AS year and completed before the end of A2 year.
5 A* - C grades at GCSE including English and Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uplands Community College School Sixth Form directly.