Electrical Installation Advanced Apprenticeship at Epping Forest College
This qualification is ideal if you aspire to work in the electrical trade. It allows you to gain a qualification that is recognised by the industry whilst gaining on-the-job experience. The wide range of units will give you the experience and knowledge necessary to enable you to develop your skills and become a qualified electrician.
This qualification is equivalent to two A levels. The mandatory units include:
- Understanding the electrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
- Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated equipment in buildings,structures and the environment
- Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in electrical systems
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Working with environmental technologies
English and Maths which we can help you to achieve through the completion of functional skills or in some cases GCSE
You need to be aged 16 or over and working for 30 hours a week or more. Apprenticeship programmes require a level of English, Maths which we can help you to achieve through the completion of functional skills or in some cases GCSEs.
On-line test/Work Evidence/Practical work/Assignments/ WitnessTestimony/Observation in the workplace
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Epping Forest College directly.