Art and Design Level 3 at Woking College
This course encourages students who are creative and innovative. You will learn to work to realistic briefs that allow you to explore 2D and 3D disciplines. In the second year you will be able to specialise in combinations of design, fine art or multimedia. The main purpose of the qualification is to prepare students who wish to progress to higher education in Art & Design or wish to enter a work placement in a creative industry. There will be professional elements to the course which will involve working with visiting artists and with our local gallery. At the end of the year, you’ll have the chance to exhibit your work in our Art & Design show at The Lightbox gallery in Woking.
Cambridge Technical Diploma
- Unit 1: Art & Design in context
- Unit 10: How artists and designers use 2D materials, techniques and processes
- Unit 11: How artists and designers use 3D materials, techniques and processes
- Unit 12: Planning, researching and developing ideas for a specialist art or design brief
- Unit 13: Realising an outcome for a specialist art or design brief
- Unit 16: Exhibiting and presenting artwork
- Unit 23: Exploring artists as photographers
- Unit 24: Digital Image creation
- Unit 32: Art & Design illustration
- Unit 35: Design for advertising
- Unit 36: Branding and corporate design
- Unit 65: Fine art printmaking
Five A*- C grades (or equivalent 4+)
Grade C in Art is desirable but not essential.
Coursework = 100%
Depending on your level of effort and attainment you can then go straight onto a Degree, a Foundation course, apprenticeship or employment. Students with the right combination of other A Levels have progressed onto degrees in Graphic Communication, Architecture, Animation, Multimedia Design, Website Design, Fine Art, Packaging Design, Fashion Design, Marketing and Illustration, Interior Design and many more.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woking College directly.