German AS/A2 at Desborough College
Skills students will develop include:
- A lasting appreciation of language and learning
- An ability to comprehend German in a wide range of contexts
- An ability to communicate readily in German for a variety of purposes
- Useful knowledge of and insights into German-speaking cultures, both contemporary and historic
- Valuable skills for foreign travel, further education and employment
This A level requires students to complete all four units; 2 units at AS level and a further 2 units at A2 level. The specification is available for assessment in the June series.
This course is particularly suitable for students who have studied GCSE German.
For all four AS topics, the sub-topics must be studied. However, the bullet points given under the sub-topics are only suggestions as to the general areas which could be covered as part of the teaching programme. They are neither prescriptive nor exhaustive and are not to be covered in a specific order, but are intended to clarify the scope of each sub-topic and will be used as a general steer by question setters in the preparation of examination papers and assessment tasks. As Knowledge of Society is not a discrete assessment objective in the subject criteria for Modern Foreign Languages, there is no requirement to study the topics in the context of the target language-Speaking Country/Community. However, Assessment Material Will Include Authentic Sources.
- Media Popular
- Culture Healthy Living/Lifestyle
- The Multicultural Society
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Cultural Topic
5 A*-C and at least a B-grade in chosen language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Desborough College directly.