BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport at Holmer Green Senior School
The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport is designed to develop the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills essential within the sports industry. The course incorporates a variety of both practical and theory teaching methods to enhance your learning and understanding.
- Unit 1: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport (5 credits)
- Unit 2: The Physiology of Fitness (5 credits)
- Unit 3: Assessing Risk in Sport (10 credits)
- Unit 17: Psychology for Sports Performance (10 credits)
- Unit 8: Practical Team Sports (10 credits) OR
- Unit 9: Practical Individual Sports (10 credits)
- Unit 7: Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise (10 credits)
- Unit 11: Sports Nutrition (10 credits)
The style of assessment is a real strength of the course, being 100% coursework, allowing students to achieve their full potential. There are a diverse range of assessment methods used including;
Grades are awarded on a Pass, Merit or Distinction basis, equivalent to an E, C and A at A level, respectively. This course is for two years and equivalent to one A level, with a distinction grade achieving a maximum 120 UCAS points.
Potential careers: This course prepares students for working in the sports industry, such as sports coaching, teaching, sports therapy, sports development, fitness instructing or the leisure industry, as well as providing a natural progression to sports degrees at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmer Green Senior School directly.