Physical Education A Level at Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School
• Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
• Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance
• Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport
• Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
• Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
• Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance
• Understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
• Improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.
At least Grade B in GCSE PE and Science, including minimum C grade for GCSE PE written paper.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School directly.