Applied Business BTEC Level 3 at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study BTEC Business?
- I want to study a business course which places a great deal of emphasis on coursework
- I want to set up and run my own business
- I want to study all aspects of business activity through investigation of real business situations.
- BTEC Business has a practical nature and there is a strong emphasis on the development of investigation skills and use of IT
- You will complete a series of coursework investigations into a range of business activities, using evidence collected from real business organisations
The course can be taken as:
- A four-unit single award over two years (National Extended Certificate)
- An eight-unit double award over two years (National Diploma in Business)
- There is an opportunity in second year to undertake a bookkeeping enrichment course within the subject and gain an additional relevant qualification.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
By continuous assessment. There are no exams.
- Higher education
- Employment – this course enables you to develop abilities and skills in areas which employers have identified as being highly desirable
- Self-employment n Apprenticeships in Accounting or Business Administration
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.