Sport and Physical Activity Development BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Woodbridge High School
In BTEC Sport you will learn about:
- The sports industry including the organisation of sport and key issues that influence the media in sport.
- Health and safety in sport.
- How to prepare for sport, including anatomy and physiology.
- The body in sport learning about the different energy systems that impact on performance.
- Sports leadership skills including coaching, officiating and performing.
- Factors that affect sports performance and how training can improve performance.
- Practical sport learning skills, tactics and officiating and coaching in chosen sports.
Students will be taught 15 units over the two years and will achieve the BTEC Extended Diploma, worth three A Levels
- Each unit will take approximately 72 hours of teaching time.
- Students will have 27 hours of lessons over the two week timetable.
- Students will have the opportunity to attend a residential trip, interview key figures in Redbridge and attend stadium and facility tours.
5 A*-C at GCSE or achieved Merit or above on the BTEC Level 2 course. Some background knowledge of the sports industry.
All fifteen units of work will be assessed. The assessment is carried out by the PE department and checked by external assessors. Depending on the quality of your work will determine whether you achieve pass, merit or distinction for each unit. Unit 1 will through a written exam, Unit 2 and Unit 19 through a task set and marked by Pearson.
- A career in the sports industry/working for the Sports Council / Governing Body
- A career at a leisure centre
- Management of a leisure centre or sports centre
- Personal trainer or gym instructor.
- Coach of a sporting activity
- Sports physiotherapy / sports injury
- Any other career path in the sports industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodbridge High School directly.