Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) at South Downs College
This is a one year full time course designed for 16-19 year olds who are interested in Beauty Therapy.
This exciting and varied course allows you to learn a range of practical beauty therapy skills and the underpinning theory knowledge behind them.
Throughout the course you will cover the following topics:
- Follow Health and Safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Provide facial skin care
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Apply make-up
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Anatomy and physiology
- Subject specific theory
There is a minimum entry requirement of three GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Science and GCSE Mathematics at grade D or above.
- Practical assessments will be performed on paying clients to ensure competence.
- Oral questioning will take place at the time of practical assessment.
- All practical assessments are graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
- You are required to keep a record of achievement log book as evidence of treatments performed.
- Theoretical work including anatomy and physiology will be assessed using online testing or assignments.
- You will be given set deadlines for assignment work which must be met.
- You will need to study the recommended text book and use the Library and internet to support your study.
Once the course is completed you have the opportunity to apply to progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Those students who do not wish to go onto the next level course can obtain employment within the beauty industry with the option of taking additional more advanced training on a part time basis.
You will need to be in full uniform at all times and carry your kit to all practical classes.
All students will be expected to comply with the beauty industry standards of dress code; this applies to both theory and practical lessons.
Jewellery and facial piercings are not acceptable and must be removed before entering classes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Downs College directly.