Product Design (3D Design) A Level at Highlands School
This course has been designed to encourage students to take a broad view of design and technology, to develop their capacity to design and make products, and to appreciate the complex relations between design, materials, manufacture and marketing.
2 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Materials, components and application
- Unit 2 Learning through designing and making
2 units at A2, including:
- Unit 3 Design and manufacture
- Unit 4 Design and making practice
Grade B or better in GCSE Resistant Materials or Graphics. Grade B in other technology areas will be considered
Units 1 and 3 are AQA externally assessed written exams. Units 2 and 4 are made up of internal coursework, externally verified.
- This qualification supports progression into further education such as a university or college course to study a HND or Degree.
- Training or employment, such as any appropriate designrelated course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.