Motor Vehicle Level 3 Apprenticeship at Swindon College
The course is designed for people employed in the repair and servicing sector of the automotive industry. It is arranged
in modular form and consists of six mandatory units and one optional unit.
• Contribute to Workplace Good Housekeeping.
• Ensure Your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health & Safety.
• Maintain Positive Working Relationships.
• Diagnose and Rectify Vehicle Engine System and Component Faults.
• Diagnose and Rectify Vehicle Chassis Systems and Component Faults.
• Diagnose and Rectify Auxiliary Equipment Electrical Faults.
• Enable Learning Through Demonstrations and Instruction.
• Inspect Vehicles.
• Identify and Agree Customer Vehicle Needs.
• Overhaul Mechanical Units.
• Diagnose and Rectify Vehicle Transmission and Driveline System Faults.
The Apprenticeship is open to those aged 16+ in suitable employment who hold GCSEs, (or equivalent) at grade C in English
and maths. You will also need to have the interest, enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.
Please note that funding restrictions may apply to apprentices aged 19+. Also, Apprenticeship funding is currently not available for those who have a degree, HNC, HND or equivalent Level 4 or above qualification. This means you as the Apprentice would be liable for the full fees of the course.
For more information contact the Apprenticeship Team 01793 498208 or email Apprenticeships@swindon.ac.uk.
Each element will be assessed by an approved Assessor from the College. The evidence must then be verified as being authentic by a College Internal Verifier and finally approved for certification by an Awarding Body appointed External Verifier.
Some courses may require additional course materials for further information please, contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01793 498208 or email Apprenticeships@swindon.ac.uk
Continued professional development through short courses and updates.
HNC Vehicle Operations Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.