Construction Operations Level Two Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers industrial skills in a range of specialisms within the construction industry. It is suitable for school leavers and people who would like to gain knowledge of a variety of different areas of construction and for those who would like to try out the various specialisms before choosing to go on to further study in one of them.
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Concrete laying
- Laying drainage
- Building technology
- Building methods and construction
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Level One Diploma in Construction or similar occupation:
- A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references such as experience within industry
You will develop a portfolio during the course and will also be assessed on your practical and written work.
This course provides learners with the opportunity to experience several aspects within the traditional craft occupations within the construction industry. Successful completion of this course should provide learners with a clear vocational pathway choice and enable them to decide which is most suitable depending on personal preference.
You could also progress onto courses such as the:
- Level Two Diploma in Bricklaying
- Level Two Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in General Construction Operations
- Level Three Access to Construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.