Construction - Apprenticeships in Plastering level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
As a plasterer you will be performing different techniques on site such as dry lining, skimming and external rendering.
The course covers:
• Safe working practices
• Information, quantities and communicating
• Building methods and construction technology
• Preparing background surfaces and plaster materials
• Applying render materials to external surfaces
• Fixing dry-lining and plasterboard produces to internal surfaces
• Producing and positioning/securing fibrous plaster components
• Applying plaster to internal surfaces
• Conforming to health, safety and welfare
• Conforming to productive work practices
• Moving, handling and storing resources
• Producing internal solid plastering finishes
• Producing external render finishes
• Applying plaster finishes to background surfaces
• Installing mechanically fixed plasterboards
• Maths and English at level one unless previously achieved Steel toe capped boots and safety glasses are required.
A minimum of GCSE English and maths, one at 2 or above and one at 1 or above or equivalent or a L1 relevant vocational qualification plus secured employment.
• Continuous assessment
• Multiple choice online exam at the end of each unit.
• Professional discussion
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plastering
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.