Economics A Level at Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre
What will I learn from studying Economics
- How to develop an understanding of relevant economic concepts and theories and an ability toapply them to a range of real - world issues;
- How to apply economic theories in a range of contemporary contexts and appreciate their valueand limitations in explaining real world phenomena;
- How to acquire the ability to make decisions in the light of evaluation and management of economic information;
- An awareness that economic behaviour can be studied from the perspectives of a range of stakeholders including customers, managers, creditors, owners/shareholders, employees and society;
- How to analyse, explain and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the market economy and the role of citizens, businesses and governments.
In Year 12, students study 2 themes: introduction to markets and market failure; managing the economy. In Year 13, 2 more themes are studied: business behaviour and the labour market; a global perspective.
If GCSE Economics has been studied, a grade C must have been achieved.
3 written exams.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre directly.