Urdu AS/A2 level at Nottingham Academy
This course leads on to higher education as well as work
within the travel and tourism sector and many other
You will study the following topics: youth culture and concerns,
lifestyle, health & fitness, the world around us, education &
environment, customs, tradition, belief and religion, national
and international events and literature.
Units covered at AS
– Unit 1: Speaking (discussion) on global issues.
– Unit 2: Listening, reading & writing skills.
Units covered at A2
– Unit 3: Speaking (issue).
– Unit 4: Translation, essay writing, research based essay of your choice.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade in English and C grade or
above in Urdu.
– Unit 1: 30% - Role-play and discussion conducted by the teacher for external assessment/marking.
– Unit 2: 70% - external examination.
– Unit 3: 35% - debate with teacher which is recorded for external assessment/marking.
– Unit 4: 65% - external examination.
– A career in any sector will be enhanced by an A level in a foreign language.
– Degrees in languages or degrees that include a language as a subsidiary.
– It will open many avenues in the field of social care,
Interpreting and translating and teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.