Applied Science BTEC Level 3 at Bishop Burton College
The course combines an intriguing mix of both science and social science, all of which focus on the diverse work carried out by laboratory scientists and enables students to gain both a theoretical and a practical feel for the lab science sector. Students benefit from having access to a crime scene room, enabling them to gain first-hand experience of forensic evidence collection, including DNA collection and blood splatter analysis.
A range of pathways are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- One-year Extended Certificate
- One-year Foundation Diploma
- Two-year Diploma
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
- The application of science within the legal framework
- Searching for and examining physical traces
- Crime scene identification
- Establishing cause of incident
- Laboratory analysis
- The latest in industry best practice
- Science investigation
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade C or 4 or equivalent, including Science, and English and Maths. Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Life experience will be taken into account when considering applications from mature students. One satisfactory reference is also required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Burton College directly.