Sociology AS/A2 at Haringey Sixth Form Centre
You will study:
- How societies work in terms of both large scale patterns and trends as well as at an interpersonal level
- The structures and cultures of different societies throughout the world and within the contemporary UK and the means by which individuals become accepted and effective members of their society
- The various institutions and systems found in society such as: the family, education, mass media, crime and deviance
- How a person or groups social class, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability may impact upon their experience and life chances in relation to these aspects of society
- The methods sociologists use to study society
5 GCSE grade A* – C in relevant subjects including English Language. One of these should be a B grade. Please note, a BTEC First qualification counts as equivalent to 2 GCSEs. Only one BTEC First can count towards the 5 GCSE equivalence required.
Where it leads:
You can progress on to university to study subjects such as criminology and law. Studying sociology can lead to careers such as counselling, social work, Journalism and other media related careers as well as Politics and the Law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haringey Sixth Form Centre directly.