English Language AS/A2 Level at Woodlands School
The AS and A2 English Language courses encourage students to develop their interest and enjoyment in the use of English Language, as well as introducing students to an understanding of concepts and framework for the study of language. The course will develop skills in using language for a variety of audiences and purposes.
AS course content:
- Analysing text varieties, including speech and its representation (examination).
- Studying the impact of social contexts on spoken and written texts (examination).
- Creating texts for a range of audiences and purposes, (coursework).
A2 Course content:
- Develop skills and knowledge from AS by studying the key concepts and theories surrounding language study, focusing on two topics:
- Child language acquisition.
- The development and changes in the
English language over time (examination).
- Investigative study of language to be accompanied by a media text, (coursework).
Minimum entry requirement is a grade C in English Language at GCSE.
Exams and coursework in each year.
This course will obviously benefit those who have a particular interest in English, and it will complement the study of English Literature, any Modern Foreign Language, History and Psychology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodlands School directly.