Music Perfomance Level 3 Diploma at City College Coventry
You will develop the technical and musical skills necessary for success in the contemporary music industry and obtain a qualification that can be used as a basis for further study or to develop your own musical interests.
This is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years.
If you want to get into the music industry and want to learn about the different career paths relating popular music, you should study with us. With some of the best facilities in the area, combined with a dedicated and specialized teaching team, you will learn from experienced professionals who will be able to take your music to the next level. Previous students have gone on to study the following courses at university:
- Music Performance
- Film Composition
- Professional Musicianship
… and of course to perform in bands. Year 1 is designed to develop the core skills needed for a career in music. You will:
- Develop an understanding of Music Theory
- Develop Ensemble/Group working skills
- Learn how to use computers to make music
- Learn the basics of keyboard playing
- Learn how to perform in different musical styles
- Understand how the music industry works
Year 2 is designed to enhance these skills by allowing more flexibility in bigger projects. You will:
- Set up a band, write original material, record an EP, shoot a music video and perform to a paying public
- Compose music for film and/or computer games
- Write a portfolio of original songs
- Create professional looking scores for compositions to be performed by other musicians
- Manage professional music events
- Perform complex Jazz music to professional standards.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
*If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 C’s at GCSE including English or Maths, or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications.
Level 2 Diploma in Music, Merit Grade.
If you do not have GCSE music or equivalent qualification, you will need to sit a Theory paper at interview. A place on the course is subject to a successful interview, a successful audition, and a satisfactory reference.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.