Physical Education at King James's School
The course has theoretical and practical elements and you will have the opportunity to be examined on your own sports performance.
If you´ve ever wondered what it takes to become an Olympic champion, why some players ´lose it´ during a match, or even why Physical Education is compulsory in schools, then this is the course for you!
* An Introduction to Physical Education
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Acquiring Movement Skills
* Socio-cultural Studies Relating to Participation in Physical Activity
* Acquiring, Developing and Evaluating Practical Skills in Physical Education
* Principles and Concepts Across Different Areas of Physical Education
* Sport Psychology
* Historical Studies
* Exercise and Sport Physiology
* Improvement of Effective Performance and Critical Evaluation of Practical Activities in Physical Education
5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)
If you have studied GCSE Physical Education it would be an advantage to have a grade B. It is not essential to have studied it to complete the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King James's School directly.