Music A Level at North Bromsgrove High School
The A Level consists of performing, composing, and appraising (listening and analysing). Students are encouraged to perform regularly during the course, in preparation for a final recorded performance. Pupils can to play to their strengths, as the course allows them to opt for more composition or performance as part of the internal assessments.
All assignments and exams are focused around the core areas of studies. These areas enrich the pupils’ understanding of music history, style and technique, but also draw links into the music of today.
Area of Study A:
- The Western Classical Tradition
Area of Study B:
- Rock & Pop
Area of Study C:
- Musical Theatre
Area of Study D:
Area of Study E:
- Into the Twentieth Century
- Into the Twenty-first Century
- Standard entry requirements.
- Grade B or above in music GCSE if studied.
- Grade 5 or above in playing an instrument.
- Ability to read stave notation without guides.
60% Non‐examined assessment
- music therapy
- performing arts
- media and broadcasting
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Bromsgrove High School directly.