Women and Mens Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
The Programme of Study will help you in developing a wide set of skills. You will develop vocational skills, adademic skills and increase your employability by participating in work placement, all of which are mandatory elements of the programme. Once you have achieved this qulaification you can progress to either one of our Level 3 Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing or Barbering.
- All aspects of Diploma Level 2 Hairdressing services, both practically and theoretically eg. shampooing, conditioning, colouring, cutting women's and designing hair styles and men's hair and facial hair.
- Consulting with clients and Health and Safety.
- Functional skills (English/Maths/IT).
- Mandatory work placement.
- Have a minimum of 136 GCSE entry points including two GCSEs at Grade D or above, English Grade D or above
- You will also need to have good personal presentation, communication skills and some experience in Hairdressing is an advantage but not essential
- If progressing from Level 1 Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy you must have demonstrated good attendance/timekeeping, the ability to meet deadlines and reasonable skills in development
Assessment is ongoing throughout the course. You will be monitored in practical and theoretical sessions. Skills will be assessed as soon as you and your assessor consider it is appropriate.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Your training will give you a firm foundation in the basic principals of hairdressing and barbering.
- You will be recognised in the industry as a junior stylist.
- Progress onto Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3 and Men's Barbering Level 3.
Depending on your prior achievement, you may be able to re-sit GCSE English and/or Maths. Enrichment activities (trips, visits etc) will be arranged, which are beneficial to this course and your learning. The standard trips on this programme are a day out at the International Hairdressing event called Salon International and a trip to the Wella World Studio in London for an education seminar. Compulsory enrichment activities will be free of charge and you will participate in various competitions throughout the year.
What will I need?
- You will need to purchase personal stationery.
- Kit and uniform are issued at the start of the course, upon payment of all course fees. Kits are non refundable once the course starts.
- Payment for optional enrichment activities are detailed throughout the year.
- Costs are approximate and revised yearly.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.