Business Enterprise Foundation Learning Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
The Level 1 Foundation Learning Diploma in Business Enterprise is designed to offer students a choice of routes into employment or progression on to a higher level programme within Business or related subject area.
There is a compulsory business dress code for this course.
The course will provide you with Vocational Units over a number of pathways including:
- Personal and Social Development
You will study a combination of vocational and personal skills based business units which will include:
- Self Assessment
- Career Progression
- Recording Business transactions
- Working in Business & Administration
- Customer Service in Travel & Tourism
- Ideas for Small Businesses
- Communicating Electronically
- Planning a trip to a Visitor Attraction
- Working as Part of a Group
- Managing your own Money
You will also study the three functional skills as part of the programme, Maths, English & ICT
In addition to the main qualification, all students are required to study Key Skills in Numeracy
- GCSE: 4, graded D - G
- Assessment in English and Maths is required.
- Compulsory attendance at a Business Information Event.
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
The course is assessed by a mixture of written tests and coursework. Learners will acquire skills through a combination of practical tasks, theory, simulated activities and role-play.
Course Fees: 16-18 £0.00
Registration fee £83*
Students will be required to purchase the recommended reference text book(s) and will also be responsible for ensuring they follow the business dress code.
All additional trips and visits must be paid for prior to the event. More information will be available at the course experience event.
*Subject to amendment.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 2 Diploma in Business study programme, whilst others may wish to enter employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.