Film Studies A Level at Myton School
Choose this course if you are seriously interested in film. If you perhaps already make films of any kind, then this is course for you. If you are enthusiastic, curious and creative then this is course for you.
If you think it will be easy and that we will just sit around watching old films all day, then you are seriously mistaken and should find alternative courses. If you are genuinely interested in a potential career in this industry and can demonstrate real enthusiasm for film, then you will be a natural.
- study ways to ‘read’ a film and ways in which spectators respond to film,
- explore a diverse range of film and its social, cultural, political, historical and technological contexts,
- look at films’ significance in national and global contexts,
- apply critical approaches to film,
- apply knowledge and understanding of film through filmmaking.
At least the minimum entry requirements plus should be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the film industry or film production
Component 1 (35%): American film since 1960s
Component 2 (35%): European film
And a non-exam assessment (30%): Film production
Film/TV/Media courses at university as well as film/TV/Media apprenticeships.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Myton School directly.