A-Level Biology at West Kent College
What will I study?
• Development of practical skills in biology
• Foundations in biology (covering cell ultrastructure, movement of molecules, cell division and biological molecules)
• Exchange and transport (covering the ventilation and circulatory systems)
• Biodiversity, evolution and disease
• Communication, homeostasis and energy
• Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
Practical endorsement, where you will be assessed on your competency to conduct a wide variety of practical skills, is integrated throughout both years of the course.
You will need five GCSEs at Grade A*-C/9-4 including English and Grade B/6 or above in GCSE mathematics, science and additional science or biology.
Students will sit externally assessed exams in the summer exam season at the end of both the AS and A-Level years. During the second year, students will also be assessed on their competency in a variety of practical skills. This will be reported separately as a pass/uncredited mark with their exam results.
Students who complete this course can go onto a number of University courses which have a biological element. These include animal behaviour, nutrition, sports science and forensics.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.