Government & Politics AS level at Tuxford Academy Technology College and Training School
PLEASE NOTE: We may also offer AS level Government & Politics if there is sufficient demand.
• It’s up to the minute – based on consultation between QCA, senior OCR Government and Politics examiners, feedback from existing centres and market research
• The ethos and strengths of OCR’s previous specification have been maintained in a new four unit (two at AS level, two at A2) format
• The assessment burden is cut by removing the examined coursework element • Candidates gain a thorough knowledge of democracy and participation, the rights and responsibilities of the individual, ideologies, political theories and traditions
• Candidates are encouraged to engage with contemporary politics and current political debates
• Candidates require a basic working knowledge of concepts like democracy, participation and representation as well as being aware of current political developments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tuxford Academy Technology College and Training School directly.