Level 2 Health and Social Care at The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls
For Level 2 Health and Social Care we offer the OCR Cambridge Technical. This is a vocational qualification which means that the knowledge and skills you learn can be applied directly to health and social care places of work.
This course is aimed at students who have achieved mainly D grades at GCSE and is designed for students who are considering a future career in one of the following areas:
early years services
They offer a good grounding in the main principal of working in these areas.
The course is 100% coursework based with pupils completing coursework in all of the following areas:
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Individual Needs in Health and Social Care
- Health and safety in Health and Social Care
- Vocational Experience in a Health and Social Care Setting
- Cultural Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Social Care
The Impact of Diet on Health
A good grade in this qualification is equivalent to 4 GCSE’s grade C although success in the additional qualifications mentioned above could result in a student achieve in pupils achieving further GCSEs.
Students who successfully complete a level 2 qualification at a merit level will be able to go on to study Advanced level Health and Social Care and/or a range of other A level subjects. It is also possible to go onto level 3 NVQ training in the workplace or a level 3 apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls directly.