Hairdressing Level One Diploma at East Riding College
This course offers training in skills as an introduction to the hairdressing industry and provides a nationally recognised qualification from the City and Guilds awarding body. This course is ideal for those who perform the duties of a junior or assistant in a salon.
- Shampooing and conditioning hair
- Createing an image using colour in the hair and beauty sector
- Styling women's hair
- Styling men's hair
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Salon reception
- Art of dressing hair
- Hair plaiting
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Genuine interest in hairdressing as a career
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and an initial assessment
- An enthusiastic approach, pleasant personality and good communication skills
- Satisfactory College interview and school recommendations/references
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene You may apply for any related previous learning and experience to be accredited to your studies
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
A more advanced course, such as the Level Two VRQ Diploma in Hair
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.