French - AS & A2 at The Crest Academies
Students study a wide range of topics including
- Media (television/ communication technology/ advertising)
- Popular culture (cinema/ music/ fashion &trends)
- Healthy living/ lifestyle (sport & exercise/ health and well being/ holidays)
- Personal Relationships ( family/ friends/ marriage.
There is also a strong focus on grammar
Minimun of 5 Grade A*-C in GCSE including Maths & English.
Minimum grade B at G.C.S.E French.
70% of AS, 35% A Level
Listening, Reading, Writing
2 hour written exam covering all four topics
30% of AS, 15% A Level
35 mins speaking test ( 20 mins preparation time)
- Communication Technology
- Sport/ exercise
- Health and well being
- Relationships within the family
- Marriage/ partnerships
- Protecting the planet
- Wealth and Poverty
- Law and order
- Impact of scientific and technological progress
Course follows a logical progression from AS to A2
It carries on from prior learning at G.C.S.E
Many careers are available using French such as teaching, marketing, translation and interpretation.
The top universities look favourably on students who have studied languages at A level.
To find out more about this course / qualification please contact us, or you can ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Crest Academies directly.